DIY Collar Necklace

DIY Collar Necklace.

I have been seeing these around a lot over the past year. Its a great way to dress up a look without going too formal. You can also use it to glam up a weekend look. There are so many different shapes and mediums these necklaces come in. Endless possibilities. The best kind. I went with fabric for my first try. Here's how to dress up any outfit with a collar necklace accessory.Teen Vogue on How to wear the Collar Necklace

And here's how I made mine.

Step one: Collect materials.
 Fabric, Thread, Needle, chain, and necklace closure findings.


I used a piece of regular printer paper to draw out my collar shape. Then I folded it in half and cut the fabric on a fold.


 Step Two: Sew Fabric to Chain
Cut your chain to length and sew the fabric to the chain by sewing through the chain links.
 Step Three: Findings.
Attach the ring and hook to either end of the chain, making sure you adjust for the collar dip is in the center.
I added some lace over my white fabric to give it a little more pop. Layer any type of fabrics you want.

 The final result: a simple collar necklace whipped up in less than an hour. BAM





 It was pretty simple. If I was more committed I would finish the edges so they are smooth. But I kinda like my rough unfinished look. Hope these instructions help you on your way to your own DIY collar necklace. Good luck.










Comments

Popular Posts