Button Bracelet

I recently received a bunch of old buttons from my grandmother. Some of them were small or strange but there's always a jackpot where you least expect it. Amongst the various buttons were old school world war 2 uniform replacement buttons. Score. So naturally I had to find something to do with these buttons. There are tons of ideas around the web. From pictures, wall art, jewelry, and accessories to clothing embellishments and kids craft projects. 

I ended up making this cool button bracelet in under a half hour. I followed a variation of the tutorial from Hope Studios. Super simple and its really cute. 


But for those who seek inspiration I have compiled a list of my top ten favorite ideas for button related crafts.

Button Lamp Shade



I love this lampshade! I can't think of an easier project than gluing buttons on a shade. Even the kids could help. Family style. There's no known tutorial for this but I bet you can figure it out. A link to my pintrest pin here: Button Lampshade Pin

Music Note Button Sheet Music Picture


I know my name for this project is a little spacey but I have no better way to describe such a creative piece of decor. The tutorial which can be found here , from Infarrantly Creative is focused on being patriotic. I encourage you to make music notes, as shown above, with buttons and sheet music of your choice. 

Spring Button Flowers



I can not get over this! Ever since I saw a similar tutorial about a year ago, I have been wanting and wanting to make my own. I wish I could find the DIY that I found before, but this great tutorial from Freckled Nest lays down the steps as good as any. I need a embroidery hoop and I will be good to go. Its wicked easy and so cute you will be making millions.  

Button Clock


This clock is pretty much the queen of clocks. I wish I had a tutorial to give you, but alas, there is none. I can imagine it would go something like this: Get an embroidery hoop, an analog clock mechanism, some cloth, and some buttons. Assemble as shown. For the pin follow Me.

Here is another variation of the button clock that I picked up on pintrest.


Button Belt


How rad would any of us look walking down the street in this decked out belt. Love love love. I bet an old belt and a ton of buttons were hot glued all over. If anyone makes this please send pictures. Here is the pin to the amazing button belt.

Bohemian Button Hair Pin


I ventured to make my own version of the bohemian button hair pin found on Elisa McLaughlin Designs. Here are some other ways to go.

Fun and simple hair pins made from old buttons. Find the tutorial here at Christina Homemaker
Either way these pins are so easy and add a wonderful pop of color into your style. 

Button Bead Curtain



How awesome is this curtain? I just need to make one. I'll be on the lookout for a huge giveaway of buttons. The woman who made this used 2000 buttons. Her blog is in french so I've connected you to a photo roll of the button curtain and her site, Made by iSa, that can be translated into English using google translate.

Button Candle Votive


Nothing will make the flame look more magical than colored votives. Again, very easy to make and its a great gift or house decoration. You can make them in all the same color, different sets of color, or just use random colored buttons all through-out. You can find a run-down of the tutorial here at iHanna

Button Vase


So whimsical. This vase makes me feel peaceful and happy. To find out how to make one follow the link to AllYou for the comprehensive tutorial. 

and if you need some flowers to go in it....

Button Bouquet 


With like three supplies you can make this extremely adorable button bouquet of flowers. 
Find everything you need here at meylah. 

Button Pendant


I thought I was done with this post when I found these! The most creative button pendants I've seen yet. The directions are on Craft Junkie. Along with a few other tutorial links to button craft projects. 

I hope these DIY projects have inspired you to do something with all those buttons. Here are some close out pics of awesome button art. Let the buttons be your guide. 




















Comments

Popular Posts